Identify the building's needs; whether it's for a shop, warehouse, plant, garage, etc. It's as simple as length, width, height and building use. If you're still not sure of the size or specifications, don't worry - we're here to help.
Steel is a Superior Construction Material
- 100% non-combustible and will not contribute to a fire or the spread of a fire
- Can be pre-fabricated for on-site efficiency
- Highest strength-to-weight-ratio
- 100% recycable
- Non-combustible - does not burn and will not fuel a fire
- Inorganic - will not rot, warp, split, crack or creep
- Dimensionally stable - does not expand or contract with moisture content
- Consistent material quality - produced according to steel manufacturers standards
Benefits to the Consumer
- High strength results in safer structures, less maintenance and slow ageing of structure
- Fire Safety
- Not vulnerable to termites
- No toxic chemicals are used to treat steel, unlike timber. Not vulnerable to fungi or organism
- Less chance of foundation problems since its 5 x lighter than wood, resulting in less movement
- Less probability of damage in earthquake or high winds due to lighter structure, stronger connections, riveted and screwed versus nail
Benefits to the Builder
- Lighter than other framing materials - no lifting equipment needed on site. One person can carry a 5 meter fabricated panel
- Easy material selection - no need to cull or sort
- Straight walls and square corners
- Call backs due to cracks are eliminated. Windows and doors open as they should
- Less scrap and waste (2% for steel versus 20% for wood)
- No drying out period in wet weather, no delays
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Many of our customers choose to erect their buildings themselves. Together with all the parts of your building we provide easy to read and follow drawings. You may also choose to use a professional contractor to construct your building
Panels and trusses are lightweight and clearly identified for assembly with pre-punched service holes for plumbing and electricity. Competitive pricing is generally available from building contractors.
Yes. We will design a building according to your needs and specifications and will discuss it with you until we receive your final approval of the blueprints.
Yes. We are able to deliver our products anywhere throughout South Africa.
You tell us when you want the delivery of your building. Our manufacturing process is quick.
SA Steelframe Systems designs and manufactures according to our building codes SANS 0400, SANS 0162 and SANS 517.
Yes. All of our designs may be customized to integrate windows, doors, lights, vents, and many more. Let us know what you want and we will be glad to help you customize your building.
Yes. All building frames are engineered to meet the demands of all building codes, weather conditions and custom designs. What's more, contrary to wooden frames, steel formations do not change under the influence of weather and any other outside conditions so your building will remain in great shape for years.
Steel protected against corrosion by a hot-dipped metallic coating of galv or zinc aluminium
Cold cut which prevents rust and self heals
When the temperature changes the thermally induced movement is not an issue. Steel does not change its state during its lifespan, it will not rot, warp, twist or bow.